Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Replacement

They say it's best to quickly adopt a new animal after losing one. I've noticed just in the last few weeks, after making peace with all the disappointment I experienced last year, that I've finally had time to mourn Mitzie. I've been missing her more lately and sense her presence more than I did a few months ago. This, I think, is a good thing - indicative of a return to my normal emotional states.

I don't want another cat, though. I just got lucky with Mitzie that her personality was a good match with mine. While I'm generally accepting of cats however they interact with humans, I am aware of a pickiness about welcoming another one into my home.

I'm certain that, this time around, I want a dog. The problem with this is that my life is so up in the air. I keep thinking that, once I figure out what I'm supposed to do with my life, everything else will fall neatly into place. (I also recognize this as a long-held family approach to avoiding moving on with life or doing anything scary.)
I also need to do my research: tiny house + big dog = disaster.

There's a Heeler puppy at the shelter. Maybe it's time I did something (semi) spontaneous.

No comments: